We’re about to finish our tour of New Zealand here in Christchurch.
3500km and 30.000m+ on our bicycle in the first two month, plus some nice hikes and more relaxing “regular” sightseeing those last days.
Our plan for the upcoming weeks (the route is not yet definitely fixed… it will probably change every single day 🙂 ):
– 20th of March: flight to Melbourne
– 21st and 22nd of March: Melbourne with Anny!
– 23rd of March until the 8th of April: “Tour de Tasmania” including two Bass Strait ferry crossings
– 9th of April until about the 22nd of April: Melbourne to Sydney, somewhere through the mountains (not the coast!), and yes I have only recently discovered that there are some actual mountains (with snow and all) in Australia
– 23rd of April until the 9th of May: Sydney to Brisbane through the coastal road, Newcastle and Taree (following the route of the McLeod-familia-cultural-heritage-trail 😉 )
– 10th of May until the 29th: northern Australia with Cedric’s parents -> route yet to be defined, but probably towards Cairns and around the Queensland – flip flops, speedos and diving masks with Nemo!
– 30th of May: Brisbane -> Singapore (or at least we hope… the price for that 8h flight is so low that we are not sure if the plane actually exists!)